Wednesday, January 22, 2014

It's more than a destination.

I know I talk about Disney far too much but since today is the anniversary of the start of my internship, it’s made me reflect on a lot of things and I realize how much I really miss it all.

I miss going to Epcot for dinner with my roommates on Tuesday nights. I miss standing with a crowd of guests during Wishes and trying to hold back the urge to cry because I am so incredibly happy. I miss watching guests get emotional for the very same reason. I miss telling kids that Mickey saw them earlier and he asked me to give them a sticker. I miss calling Mickey my boss. I miss the feeling I would get in my stomach when I would see Tower of Terror from afar. I miss elderly people asking me serious questions like, “How do you keep your costume so clean?” and seeing a smile spread across their face when I would tell them that Snow White had her woodland animal friends clean it for me. Knowing that you made an adult feel like a child for a moment, and seeing their reaction because of it, is the most magical thing there is.

I miss the excitement of the Magic Kingdom in the morning, and the sleepy calmness at night. I miss watching other Cast Members make magical moments. I miss watching the fireworks from backstage, and falling asleep on the bus ride home after long shifts. I miss the smell of the Grand Floridian, and eating soft serve ice cream during the Beauty and the Beast show. I miss knowing that if i was having a bad day, I could go to a park to feel better. I miss eating pasta and talking about SVU with my roommate. I miss seeing an almost empty Main Street at the end of the night, and taking family photos for people. I miss the way Main Street would look all lit up, and the color the sky would turn as the sun would set behind the castle. I miss the magic. Walt Disney World is so much more than a destination. There’s nothing else like it anywhere.

1 comment: